Would you like to leave a legacy – something you could be remembered for? Would you like to help ensure the programs by which we serve children today will continue long after we are all gone?
Think about making a planned gift to the Assistance League North Coast, which is a way
to make a noteworthy contribution to Assistance League North Coast or any other charity you wish. There are ways to save on federal estate tax, income tax, capital gains tax, or with some planned giving vehicles you can even receive supplemental income for yourself.
A gift to ALNC* could include any of the following:
A gift of retirement assets, such as your IRA, 401k, 403b, pension or other tax deferred plan is an excellent way to make a contribution.
• Did you know that 60-65% of your retirement assets maybe taxed if you leave them to your heirs? A charity is not taxed when receiving an IRA or other retirement asset as a gift.
• Transferring your retirement asset is easy to do. There is a beneficiary designation form that you can get from your plan’s custodian. ALNC will receive full value if you designate it as beneficiary.
• Your retirement plan will not be taxed at your death and your estate will benefit from a charitable tax deduction for making the gift. In addition, you can leave a meaningful gift for ALNC
A gift of your securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy way for you to make a contribution.
• You will avoid paying capital gains tax on the growth of your assets.
• You will receive a charitable income tax deduction on the fair market value of the securities.
• You will leave a special gift to ALNC.
A gift of real property (such as your home, vacation property, vacant land, farmland or commercial property) can make a wonderful contribution. If you own appreciated property you can avoid capital gains tax by gifting the property to ALNC.
• Avoid paying capital gains tax.
• Receive a charitable income tax deduction.
• Your property maybe gifted to ALNC by signing a deed transferring ownership to ALNC.
• You may deed all or part of your property.
• You gift will usually be based on the property’s fair market value.
• You may avoid paying income tax.
• You may enjoy a charitable income tax deduction.
• You will help the needy children of Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista.
A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to support ALNC. If your life insurance policy is no longer needed or will no longer benefit your survivors consider making a gift to ALNC.
• You may also designate ALNC as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy and receive a charitable income tax deduction.
• You will help to provide shoes, clothing and much more to needy children.
A gift of cash is a simple way to make a gift. You will receive an income tax deduction of this year’s tax return.
Should you have questions about making one of these gifts please contact either of our members below:
Pam Whitaker: (760 845-9196) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dani Battiest: (619 964-3030) or Dbattiest@sandiegoattorney.com
Thank you for thinking of our children and for considering making a planned gift. To ALNC.* Should you decide to include ALNC in your plans please notify us so we may properly recognize you by including you as a member of the ALNC Legacy Society.
* ALNC – Otherwise known as Assistance League North Coast